The clam shell is a clasp for homemade jewelry. Putting a clam shell on can be difficult, because jewelry making is meticulous and dexterous, but with a crimper, it should be easy. But a crimper isn't all, a pair of pliers is also needed. This demonstration video will help walk you through the process of this clam shell attachment.
The clam shell is a great kind of clasp, and is easy to attach. Our example uses Softflex Wire, a 2mm Sterling Silver Crimping Bead, and a Sterling Silver Clam Shell. You will also need a set of chain nose pliers and a set of wire cutters. If you don't have wire cutters, nail clippers are a surprisingly effective substitute.
Attaching the Clam Shell:
Slide the Softflex wire through the clam shell, and then through the crimping bead. Now hold the wire with your fingers while using the tip of the chain nose pliers to fit the crimping bead snugly into the 'mouth' of the clam shell. Then you can use a slightly broader section of the pliers' teeth to crimp the bead. This will lock the clam shell in place. All that remains is to trim the excess wire with your wire cutters. Finished!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades