Looking to polish up some old jewelry? Your skin, soap, and even the air can dull your gold jewelry. Bring the luster back with a few household items and these five steps.
You Will Need:
• Dishwashing liquid
• A soft bristled toothbrush
• A soft, lint-free cloth
Step 1: Fill bowl
Fill a bowl with two cups warm water and add a few drops of dishwashing liquid.
Step 2: Add jewelry and soak
Add all of your jewelry that needs cleaning and let it soak for 15 minutes.
Step 3: Brush up
Brush gently with the toothbrush around any recessed or detailed areas until each piece is clean.
Step 4: Rinse
Rinse the jewelry in a bowl of clean, warm water to remove any residue.
Step 5: Dry and buff
Dry and buff your jewelry with the soft, lint-free cloth until its luster returns.
FACT: White gold used in jewelry is usually an alloy of gold and nickel.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades