Two ladies are discussing how to prepare to decoupage a wooden bangle bracelet. They are using a broad wooden bangle crafted from birch wood that can be purchased at a local craft store and printed tissue paper, for example, one in an animal print. This is part one of a three part series.
* Purchase a wooden bangle, printed tissue paper, decoupage(PVA), and a small brush.
* Cut the tissue paper into manageable rectangles. You might like to size tissue paper to twice the width of the bangle. The length measurement should be narrower than the width measurement.
* Put decoupage (PVA) onto the bangle, using paint brush, center a strip of the tissue paper on the painted area. Wrap the strip neatly around the bangle to the inside crosswise.
* Paint over the tissue paper with the decoupage, making sure to decoupage the inside of the bracelet and over the tissue paper ends. The inside of the bracelet should be as neat as the outside. Put several coats of decoupage over the paper.
* Continue around the bangle with the strips of tissue paper and the decoupage (PVA) until the whole bracelet is covered in the design.
* To dry faster, use can use a blow dryer to dry the decoupage.
You can learn more in parts two and three. Although, this video gives good basic instructions on the decoupage technique.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.