Learn how to install a blade into a jeweler's saw with this two-part video tutorial. Make sure your jewelers saw blade is facing outward and the teeth are pointing down. Run a finger over the blade before inserting it to make sure it is in the right position. Once it is in correctly, tighten the thumb screws at the top and bottom first.
Once the blade is secured tightly in the top and bottom of the frame with the thumb screws, push the back of the frame with your thumb. At the same time, tighten the back thumb screw. You should hear a high-pitched "ping" when you pluck the saw blade. There shouldn't be any vibrations. A loose saw blade is much more likely to break. You may need to retighten the saw blade frequently as you saw.
Again, remember to have the saw blade pointing outward are the teeth down. You'll be able to tell if it is in correctly if you run your finger over the blade. If it is smooth, you have it in wrong.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades