Make fine silver ball earring wires Materials: fine silver, torch, fire protective surface, eye goggles, pumice block, third hand, wire cutters, round nose pliers, rubber or metal block, ruler, wire gauge, hammer, rawhide hammer, bowl of water. Cut 1 3/4" 18 gauge fine silver wire. Heat the wire with the torch until red hot. Heat the bottom of the wire to create the ball. Quench with the third hand holding the wire. Remove from third hand. Use round nose pliers and turn the ball over creating a candy cane effect. Wrap wire around ball point pen below the candy cane shape. Use the bottom part of the round nose pliers to give a small curve. File rough edges off the bottom in one direction. Flatten the wire with hammer and work harden with rawhide hammer.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades