If your idea of jewelry making is simply strining on glass beads and vintage knick knacks onto a string and then adding a clasp, then you have some serious learning to do. While in the end creativity trumps all, it's important for many intricate projects that you calculate exactly how much of one particular stone or filigree stamp you need. And in order to do that, you must measure them.
In this video you'll learn how to use a simple brass measuring calipers or gauge to measure stones, bezels, mounts and cameos. This is so simple, but it's really so much better to demonstrate the technique than try and tell you. You'll come away from this ten minute video a pro, ready to grab your measuring tool and measure away.....and you'll be ready to size the mounts and stones you need for repairs and projects. Here's another simple rule of thumb....25mm is an inch, 50 is two; 75 is 3 inches.....so 12.5-13mm is a half inch and 37mm is about an inch and a half.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades